Monday, September 7, 2015

I'm blogging the Kitchen Cure (sort of)

I've decided to live blog the Kitchen Cure (Fall 2015) from thekitchn.com. Well, mostly. The Kitchn Cure runs from 9/7 until late in September, and I do have some travel this month. So I will do the assignments when possible, and give myself some flexibility to the end of the month.

Part 1: Just be present/immediate reactions
I need to do dishes. I need to get up and do dishes. Why are there always dishes? I need to sweep and mop, the floor is filthy.  I need to scrub all the cabinets. Why are they two colors? Who thought that was a good idea? I need to put the pasta maker away. We really need some art and some color in here. The only color is my red owl timer. Why is the phone still up? Didn't we get that disconnected? Why are there dry walls pieces on the stove?

Part 2: Go deep. Open drawers.
Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

Assignment #1 Make a list of likes and dislikes

Likes: It has a dishwasher. It has a fridge. The floor is pretty. I love my owl cookie jar, and the kitchen cart is pretty nice as well. I like that one of the bouquets from our wedding is in here.

Dislikes: The cabinets are yellow. The fridge is yellow while the stove is white. Everything looks worn and dingy. There is no rug. It is dirty. The layout is terrible. You can't really see the bouquet with the yellowy walls. The drawers are falling apart and are a chaotic mess. The brown and yellow cabinets look gross and dingy. There is no color. The room is soulless.

I need to give the room some soul.

Running update: Shoulder injury, so last week only 10 miles.
Total for August 76 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment